Looking Forward to a Cape Cod Vacation? Here’s some things to plan for.
Cape Cod is a popular summer destination known for its beautiful beaches, charming towns, and a variety of outdoor activities. Here are some things to look forward to for a summer vacation on Cape Cod:
1. Beaches: Cape Cod is renowned for its pristine beaches. Whether you prefer the calm waters of Cape Cod Bay, the Atlantic Ocean waves on the Outer Cape, or the family-friendly shores of Nantucket Sound, there’s a beach for everyone.
2. Outdoor Activities: Summer on Cape Cod offers a plethora of outdoor activities. You can enjoy biking along scenic trails, kayaking in the many estuaries and ponds, hiking in nature reserves, and even trying your hand at windsurfing or paddleboarding.
3. Whale Watching: Take a whale watching tour from one of the Cape’s harbors to witness majestic whales, including humpbacks and finbacks, frolicking in the Atlantic Ocean. Several companies operate tours from towns like Provincetown.
4. Cape Cod National Seashore: Explore the Cape Cod National Seashore, a protected area encompassing pristine beaches, dunes, and hiking trails. It’s a great place to experience the natural beauty of the Cape.
5. Cape Cod Rail Trail: This 22-mile bike trail stretches from Dennis to Wellfleet, passing through picturesque landscapes and charming towns. Rent a bike and explore the Cape’s scenic beauty at your own pace.
6. Quaint Towns: Visit charming towns like Chatham, Provincetown, Hyannis, and Falmouth. These towns offer unique shops, art galleries, delicious seafood restaurants, and a laid-back atmosphere.
7. Lighthouse Tours: Cape Cod has several iconic lighthouses, each with its own charm. Take a tour or simply enjoy the views from the coastline. The Highland Light in Truro and the Nauset Light in Eastham are popular choices.
8. Cape Cod Baseball League: If you’re a baseball fan, catch a game of the Cape Cod Baseball League. Many future Major League Baseball stars got their start in this prestigious amateur league.
9. Seafood Dining: Indulge in fresh seafood at the numerous seafood shacks and restaurants on the Cape. Enjoy clam chowder, lobster rolls, and other local specialties.
10. Festivals and Events: Cape Cod hosts various summer events and festivals, including art fairs, music festivals, and maritime celebrations. Check the local events calendar for activities happening during your visit.
11. Sunset Cruises: Take a sunset cruise on the Cape’s waterways. Whether it’s a sailboat or a cruise ship, the views of the sunset over the water are breathtaking.
12. Golfing: Cape Cod boasts several golf courses, providing a scenic backdrop for a round of golf.
Overall, Cape Cod in the summer offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, outdoor recreation, cultural experiences, and delicious cuisine, making it a fantastic destination for a memorable vacation.