In order to enable the public to enjoy the recreational facilities at and about the common landing places within the Town of Eastham, the Board of Selectmen has adopted the following rules and regulations pursuant to the provisions of the General Laws, Chapter 88, Section 19, as amended…
- Beach officials shall be obeyed at all times.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be permitted on the beaches or in the parking area at any time.
- Children (12) years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult or person responsible for his or her behavior within the beach area.
- No individual or group of individuals shall be granted reserved parking places during the period June 15th through Labor Day.
- No household garbage shall be discarded on beaches or landing areas.
- No selling, advertising, or giving away goods or services shall be permitted on the beaches or in the parking area except by concessionaires under contract with the Town of Eastham.
- Ball playing, tossing of Frisbees or other objects, flying kites, or other wide ranging activities shall be permitted only with the express condition of beach attendants in such areas designated by them. Use of rafts, inflatables, etc. may be prohibited at the discretion of beach attendants.
- No boating, fishing, scuba diving shall be permitted on Great Pond in areas designated as swimming areas.
- No vessels (boat, kayak, canoe, paddleboard, etc.) may be stored on town beaches. All vessel storage shall be at designated landing as described in the Town of Eastham Vessel Storage Regulations and Policies – Section 4.5 and Section 5.0.
- Open fires are not permitted on beaches.
- All common landing places shall be closed between midnight and 7:00 a.m. each day. Fishermen may be granted permission to use such landing places during closed hours, first securing a permit from the Chief of Police. No overnight camping, tenting, or sleeping shall be permitted. Campground Landing shall be closed between 7:30 PM and 5:00 AM each day.
- No person shall cut, break, remove, deface, defile, or misuse any structure, fence, sign or remove any thereof. Growing trees, bushes, plants and flowers shall not be defaced, defiled or cut.
- No person shall jump or dive from any bridge in the Town of Eastham, including but not limited to, the bridge crossing Boat Meadow Creek, or swim or bathe within 50’ of any bridge. No person or vehicle of any kind will be permitted on coastal dunes except in designated areas.
- No animals or pets will be permitted on the beaches, in the parking areas, or in vehicles in the parking areas at any time during the period of June 15th through Labor Day.
- No animals or pets will be permitted in the playground areas at any time.
- Violations of above rules may result in fines or criminal prosecution.
This policy was amended by the Board of Selectmen at a public meeting on September 6, 2011.